We are delighted to offer several PhD opportunities for excellent candidates who are passionate about advancing science and engineering. A range of funding opportunities are available:
- Funded PhD projects
- China Scholarships Council (for Chinese nationals)
- Brazilian Scientific Mobility Programme (for Brazilian nationals; formerly called Science without Borders)
- CONACYT (for Mexican nationals)
- Pakistani Higher Education Commission (HEC, for Pakistani nationals)
- Islamic Development Bank (IDB, various countries)
Feel inspired? Find out further information on how to apply here.
EECS delivers world-class Electronic Engineering and Computer Science research and applies it to real-world problems. As a multidisciplinary school, our researchers work with the arts and sciences collaborating with psychologists, biologists, musicians, actors, mathematicians, medical researchers, dentists and lawyers.Our current research grant portfolio of over £40m equates to more than £500k for each research-active staff member. The School is home to over 70 academic staff, over 50 post-doctorial researchers and over 200 research students. 8 School members hold prestigious research fellowships. The 2014 UK Research Excellence Framework placed us 11th out of 89 UK universities for Computer Science and 9th out of 37 institutions for Electronic Engineering (more details).