The CONACYT scholarship programme sends Mexican students to study for PhDs in science and technology at top universities around the world.
The School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science offers PhD studentships to Mexican students in partnership with the CONACYT programme.
Project TopicsWe welcome applications in all areas of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science in which we are research-active. See our research pages for links to the web pages of our 8 research groups and the pages of potential academic supervisors. Please identify possible supervisors and contact them directly to discuss project ideas (yours or theirs). Some examples of projects we are interested in supervising are listed on the project ideas page.
Student ProfilesHear from students about their experience of undertaking a PhD within the School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science.
Applicant requirements are listed on the CONACYT foreign scholarships page.
Evidence of proficiency in English language skills is a requirement for all international students. Further information about English language requirements is available on the entry requirements page.
How to apply
- Contact the supervising academic by e-mail so that an informal discussion can be arranged. You will be asked to provide a CV and personal statement.
- When the academic has agreed to supervise you for the project, please submit an application online via the Queen Mary Admissions Portal (see instructions here).
- If you are successful we will give you an offer on the condition that you are given a funding award from CONACYT.
- After you have received a conditional offer from us, apply directly to CONACYT.
Deadline for applicationsWe accept applications all year round. The funding for CONACYT has two openings:
- Applications received during January to April can expect to have results published in May.
- Applications received during April to June can expect to have results published in August.