Our enthusiasm for our research keeps our teaching exciting and up to date. We also have excellent links with industry, working together on commercial and research projects.
You’ll be taught by academics at the forefront of their field, involved in international research collaborations with some of the world’s leading companies. This keeps our modules up to date and relevant to industry.
Our high-quality facilities, project work, and dedicated careers service help to prepare you for your future career. We offer first-class skills training, dedicated postgraduate-only spaces, and opportunities to present your work both to peers and at international conferences.
Why study with us?
- Campus university, just 15 minutes from the centre of London
- A diverse student body: around a quarter of our students are female and over 50 countries are represented
- Wide variety of Postgraduate Taught degrees
- Teaching by internationally-recognised research staff
- 95% of PG graduates at Queen Mary are in employment/further study within six months of graduating
- Ranked the most inclusive Russell Group University (Good University Guide 2021)
- 94% of research rated 'world-leading or internationally excellent (3* or 4*) in latest Research Assessment Exercise
Academics who are making a difference
As well as teaching you, our lecturers are making a major difference to the world around us by designing and developing new ways to use computers.
For example, academics in the School are researching how to allow robots to express human emotion, ways to improve the battery life of electric vehicles to reduce carbon emissions and developing artificial intelligence to help doctors diagnose illness and improve healthcare.
Whichever programme you choose, you will be taught by internationally-recognised staff, and have opportunities to access our excellent links with the industry. Being taught by someone who is changing the world with their ideas, ensures that our programmes are up-to-date and relevant.