Dr Atm Alam
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgRoom Number: Engineering, Eng 212
My broad research interests are in the areas of wireless communications:
- Communications and networks: Modelling and analysis of mobile communication networks and protocols (5G and beyond), design of next-generation wireless communication architecture (5G/B5G testbed), smart spectrum and interference management, ultra-reliable and low latency communications (URLLC), self-organizing network for UAVs, machine-type communications, fog networks and edge computing, Internet-of-things (IoT), integration of satellite and terrestrial networks.
- AI for communications: Optimization and intelligent algorithm design for next-generation communication systems.
- Emerging applications of wireless communications in other sectors and industries such as intelligent transport systems (V2X), smart grids, smart cities/homes, factory automation, healthcare, public safety and nuclear control (wireless protocols).
- Data analytics and big data: Statistical modelling and prediction.
- ICT economy: Wireless communication technologies as the key contributor to new digital economy.
- Technology-enhanced teaching and learning.
- Gamification for creative teaching and learning.