Dr Hareesh Godaba
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Soft actuators and robotics: electroactive technologies, bio-inspired robots, pneumatic actuators, optomechanical sensorsSoft material mechanics: analytical modelling of soft active materials, nonlinear instabilities, finite element modelling
In my current role as a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Centre for Advanced Robotics (ARQ), I am developing soft manipulators and sensorization techniques for the nuclear decommissioning project.
- Journal paper on instabilities in dielectric elastomers accepted in Soft Matter. Feature on Inside Front Cover of the journal (Sep 2019):
- Two papers on novel mechanism and control of growing soft manipulators submitted to IEEE RAL (Sep 2019).
- Hurray! Grant application on electroactive technology for nuclear environments with me as Co-I has been successful (Aug 2019). One year project set to start in October.
Google Scholar Page: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=4zcn05MAAAAJ&hl=en
- Hareesh Godaba, Zhi-Qian Zhang, Ujjaval Gupta, Choon Chiang Foo, and Jian Zhu. ?Instabilities in dielectric elastomers: buckling, wrinkling and crumpling?. Soft Matter.
- Ujjaval Gupta, Qin Lei, Yingxi Wang, Hareesh Godaba, Jian Zhu. ?Soft robots based on dielectric elastomer actuators: A review". Smart Materials and Structures (2019) 28 103002.
- Li Lu, Hareesh Godaba, Hongliang Ren, and Jian Zhu. Bioinspired Soft Actuators for Eyeball Motions in Humanoid Robots. IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics 24, no. 1 (2018): 100-108.
- Li Jisen, Hareesh Godaba, Zhi Qian Zhang, Choon Chiang Foo, and Jian Zhu. "A soft active origami robot." Extreme Mechanics Letters 24 (2018): 30-37.
- Hui Zhang, Yingxi Wang, Hareesh Godaba, Boo Cheong Khoo, Zhisheng Zhang, and Jian Zhu. ?Harnessing dielectric breakdown of elastomer to achieve large actuation?. Journal of Applied Mechanics 84, no. 12 (2017): 121011.
- Zhe Li*, Yingxi Wang*, Choon Chiang Foo, Hareesh Godaba, Jian Zhu, Choon Hwai Yap. ?Large-volume fluid pumping by harnessing the reversible snap through of dielectric elastomer?. Journal of Applied Physics 122, no. 8 (2017): 084503.
- Hareesh Godaba, Zhi-Qian Zhang, Ujjaval Gupta, Choon Chiang Foo, and Jian Zhu. 2017. ?Dynamic Pattern of Wrinkles in a Dielectric Elastomer.? Soft Matter 13(16):2942?51.
- Hareesh Godaba, Jisen Li, Yuzhe Wang, and Jian Zhu. 2016. ?A Soft Jellyfish Robot Driven by a Dielectric Elastomer Actuator.? IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters 1(2): 624?31. (Also accepted for presentation in ICRA 2016)
- Zhenbo Lu, Hareesh Godaba, Yongdong Cui, Choon Chiang Foo, Marco Debiasi, and Jian Zhu. 2015. ?An Electronically Tunable Duct Silencer Using Dielectric Elastomer Actuators.? The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 138 (3). EL236?41.
- Ujjaval Gupta, Hareesh Godaba, Zijie Zhao, Chee Kong Chui, and Jian Zhu. 2015. ?Tunable Force/displacement of a Vibration Shaker Driven by a Dielectric Elastomer Actuator.? Extreme Mechanics Letters 2. Elsevier: 72?77.
- Hareesh Godaba, Choon Chiang Foo, Zhi Qian Zhang, Boo Cheong Khoo, and Jian Zhu. 2014. ?Giant Voltage-Induced Deformation of a Dielectric Elastomer under a Constant Pressure.? Applied Physics Letters 112901: 8?12.