JP Student Innovation Centre
JP Student Innovation Centre (JPIC) was established in 2015 to organise extra-curricular activities for our QMUL-BUPT students in Beijing and showcase their excellent work. The centre also engages our students to workshops, competitions and projects from different companies worldwide.
The centre is managed by the following EECS academics:
- Principal Advisor: Prof Michael Chai (QM Director of Joint Programme with BUPT)
- Director: Dr Matthew Tang
Centre Committee 2021/22 (in alphabetical order)
Dr Mona Jaber, Dr Ethan Lau, Dr Yuanwei Liu, Dr Michaela MacDonald, Dr Zhijin Qin
Each of the committee members contribute to our outstanding activities/workshops with our JP students in Beijing.
- Design and Build Project (Summer every year)
- Annual Showcase - 15th June 2022
- Design and Build Winter Hackathon/Codefest (Spring every year)
2016 - Robot; Theme: Lantern Festival
2017 - E-Textiles; Theme: Computer Games
2018 - Robots; Theme: World Cup
2019 - Drones; Theme: Computer Vision
2021 - Game AI; Theme: Bomberman/Pommerman
- JP Research Projects (Spring-Summer every year)
JP and EECS academics propose projects in a wide range of interests: multimedia, networks, legal research, machine learning, business technology, drones, etc. JP students are interviewed and selected for each of the projects and gain research experience through supervision by our QM staff.
The projects carry through the summer and possibly become the final year (graduation) projects of the involved students.
Every year a mini-poster conference will be organised to showcase the outcomes of the projects, to fellow students and academics in our partner institution BUPT.
- EBU6305 Interactive Media Design and Production
- EBU5606 Product Development and Marketing - Posters
If you wish to know more about the JP Student Innovation Centre, please email us at email@example.com.