Why our programmes?
Undergraduate study at our School offers you a broad curriculum to equip you with a solid grounding in your discipline. We want you to make the most of your degree, realise your potential as well as equip you with the skills for your future career.
At the School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science:
- You are taught by internationally-recognised research staff.
- You have a wide choice of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees to choose from.
- Courses are accredited by the BCS and the IET.
- You have access to our excellent links with industry and can choose degree options with industrial experience.
- You have the opportunity to study abroad through a variety of programmes.
- There is a diverse student body: around 30% of our students are female and over 50 countries are represented.
- Find out what our students say.
Academics who are making a difference
As well as teaching you, our lecturers are making a major difference to the world around us by designing and developing new ways to use computers.
For example, academics in the School are researching how to allow robots to express human emotion, ways to improve the battery life of electric vehicles to reduce carbon emissions and developing artificial intelligence to help doctors diagnose illness and improve healthcare.
Whichever programme you choose, you will be taught by internationally-recognised staff, and have opportunities to access our excellent links with the industry. Being taught by someone who is changing the world with their ideas, ensures that our programmes are up-to-date and relevant.