The School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science is one of the oldest departments of its kind in Britain.
Did you know...
- We helped set up the first internet node in the UK and were the first to provide the now popular Apple/Unix workstations for students.
- We are the home of Soundbite, a free plug-in for iTunes that creates playlists from your music collection based on your mood.
- We were the first department in the UK to establish a fully collaborative joint degree programme with a Chinese university.
Did you know...
Our lecturers – as well as teaching you – are making a difference to the world around us by coming up with new ways to use computers. In the School, we have people looking at how to allow robots to express human emotion and automatic mixing for audio and music production, for example. Being taught by someone who is changing the world with his or her ideas ensures that you are totally up to date in the subject.
What does a degree from Queen Mary offer you?
Undergraduate study at our School offers you a broad curriculum to equip you with a solid grounding in your discipline. We want you to make the most of your degree, realise your potential and develop your future career.
At the School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science:
- You are taught by internationally-recognised research staff at .
- You have a wide choice of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees to choose from.
- Courses are accredited by the BCS and the IET.
You have access to our excellent links with industry and can choose degree options with industrial experience.
- You have the opportunity to study abroad through a variety of programmes.
There is a diverse student body: around a quarter of our students are female and 47 countries are represented.
- 90 per cent of our students praised the level of access to IT resources in a recent National Student Survey.
- Find out what our students say.